1. Head over to Braintreepayments.com and click Sign Up to get started. You'll want to make an account for production. Fill out Your Information, Business Information, and Processing Information with relevant info for the business that will be accepting payments through the app.
2. Once these sections are complete, click "I Agree." When your application is approved, you'll see the message below.
3. Check your inbox for two confirmation emails from Braintree. One requires you to click a link to confirm your account.
4. This link takes you to an account setup page. Choose a username, provide your email, and set your password here, then click Save.
5. Log into your new account and provide a mobile number if you wish further secure your account. If you choose to do so, you'll receive a text with a security code to verify your phone number.
6. From your Braintree dashboard, scroll down to Production API Keys to locate your Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key.
7. Return to the app dashboard, choose a feature that contains a payment option. Locate the Payment section in the feature. Under the Braintree section, enable the toggle button on and copy/paste your Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key from Braintree into the corresponding fields. Click Save Payment Method Details to finish up.
8. Be sure to test out your new Braintree integration in the app! Place an order, selecting Card as your payment method. You'll see the new card payment screen appear after you click Check Out. The user can just plug in their card details—no need for them to log in or even have a Braintree account.
9. You're all set! Keep in mind, you can enable more features and security measures through your Braintree account at any point.
- Learn how to easily enable PayPal.
- Learn how to improve fraud protection by enabling AVS and CVV rules